Moving Beyond is an international youth exchange that aims at increasing the capacity of young people to realize their potential in order to become active citizens and strong professionals.
The project has the following objectives:
- To gain awareness and understanding of the own values, passions and talents.
- To develop life skills such as teamwork, cooperation, creativity, communication.
- To develop positive attitudes like courage, trust, openness, solidarity, responsibility, mindfulness.
- To develop a positive mindset and a connection with nature.
- To grow an entrepreneurial spirit and a sense of initiative.
The project will bring together 30 persons:
- From Romania: 8 youth and 2 leaders
- From Bulgaria: 8 youth and 2 leaders
- From Cyprus: 8 youth and 2 leaders
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Only young people from Romania, Bulgaria and Cyprus can participate in this youth exchange.
- Each participant should be between 18 and 25 years old (with exceptions they can be up to 30 years old).
- Speaking English is not a condition for participation, but it would be helpful to have at least a basic level of communication in English.
- Each person who wants to participate in this project must fill in an application.
Criteria for selection:
- Personal motivation to participate (the persons should be very motivated to participate).
- The international experience until now (the youth who have less international experience will have priority in the selection).
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE
If you want to participate in this youth exchange you have to fill in the application form available at this link:
The deadline for applications submission is 25th of May (included).
THE LEARNING AND PREPARATION PROCESS
The involvement in this project requires the participation in three phases, that are described below:
- PREPARATION PHASE
In this phase, the participants will attend several meetings with the leaders, in order to get task related instructions, inter-cultural and linguistic preparation.
- THE YOUTH EXCHANGE
During the mobility the participants will get involved in non-formal activities and interactive methods such as: team-building games, group games, nature observations, hikes, research, reflection groups, energizers, peer to peer work, workshops, debates, presentations, brainstorming, self-discovery workshops (passions, talents, multiple intelligence), practice activities etc.
- FOLLOW-UP PHASE
In the follow-up phase the participants will work in the national groups and make community events and will develop their personal projects and ideas initiated during the youth exchange.
This youth exchange is organized within the context of Non-Formal Education (NFE) and experiential learning. This means that we have an active, participatory, non-academic approach. What you give is what you get! We expect that participants share their knowledge and their own expertise and actively contribute in the program, exchange experiences, build together experiences and share feelings and opinions. Important part of the program is the connection with nature and experiencing outdoors.
WHEN AND WHERE?
Dates: 6th – 15th of July
- 6th of July is the arrival day.
- from 7th to 14th of July – activities (8 full days)
- 15th of July is the departure day
Location: La Ionel guest house, in the village Măguri Răcătău (45 km from Cluj-Napoca).
“Moving Beyond” is a project financed by the Erasmus+ Programme, thus all the activities, accommodation and food are 100% covered by the EU grant. The travel costs will be reimbursed to the participants after the course in the amount limit presented below:
- Romania: 20 Euros/person
- Bulgaria: 275 Euros/person
- Cyprus: 275 Euros/person
Bogdan Romanică (Romania) – project coordinator and leader
This project is funded by the Erasmus + Programme of the European Union through the Romanian National Agency (ANPCDEFP) under KA2, Strategic Partnerships, with the number – 2018-2-RO01-KA205-049977.
The youth exchange is part of the project “MOVING BEYOND – innovative learning tools for personal and professional development of youth”. The project is developed in order to promote quality youth work, to foster the social inclusion and promote the empowerment of young people, mainly the marginalized ones.