“Stepping into Life” youth exchange. From 22nd to 30th of November, in Romania (Nădășel), near Cluj-Napoca, with young people from Romania, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Ireland and Lithuania.
Stepping into Life is an international youth exchange that aims to increase the capacity of 26 young people to realize their potential in order to become active citizens and strong professionals.
The project has the following objectives:
- To expand the levels of awareness and understanding of their own values, passions and talents for 26 young people.
- To increase the levels of employability skills cooperation, communication, confidence, team work, creativity, for 26 young people.
- To develop the employability attitudes, resilience and grit, of 26 young people.
- To develop the personal, professional and social sense of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit among 26 young people.
The project will bring together 32 persons:
- From Romania: 6 youth and 2 leader
- From Bulgaria: 5 youth and 1 leader
- From Cyprus: 4 youth and 1 leader
- From Lithuania: 5 youth and 1 leader
- From Ireland: 5 youth and 1 leader
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
- Only young people from Romania, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Ireland and Cyprus can participate in this youth exchange.
- Each participant should be between 18 and 25 years old (with exceptions they can be up to 30 years old).
- Speaking English is not a condition for participation but it would be helpful to have at least a basic level of communication in English.
- Each person who wants to participate in this project has to fill in an application.
Criteria for selection:
- Personal motivation to participate (the persons should be very motivated to participate).
- The international experience until now (the youth who have less international experience will have priority in the selection).
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE
If you want to participate in this youth exchange you have to fill in the application form available at this link:
THE LEARNING AND PREPARATION PROCESS
We want to create a learning process which will lead to a bigger impact in the development of the participants. Thus we created a three phase process which is described below:
- PREPARATION PHASE
In the preparation phase the participants will attend several meetings with the leaders, in order to get task related instructions, inter-cultural and linguistic preparation.
- THE YOUTH EXCHANGE
During the mobility the participants will get involved in non-formal activities and interactive methods such as: team-building games, group games, nature observations, hikes, research, reflection groups, energizers, peer to peer work, workshops, debates, presentations, brainstorming, self-discovery workshops (passions, talents, multiple intelligence), practice activities etc.
- FOLLOW-UP PHASE
In the follow-up phase the participants will work in the national groups and make community events and will develop their personal projects and ideas initiated during the youth exchange.
This youth exchange is organized within the context of Non-Formal Education (NFE) and experiential learning. This means that we have an active, participatory, non-academic approach. What you give is what you get!
We expect that participants share their knowledge and their own expertise and actively contribute in the program, exchange experiences, build together experiences and share feelings and opinions. Important part of the program is the connection with nature and experiencing outdoors.
WHEN AND WHERE?
Dates: 22nd to 30th of November 2018. (22nd is the arrival day and 30th the departure day)
Location: Armonia guest house, in the village Nădășel (19 km from Cluj-Napoca).
“Stepping into Life” is a project financed by the Erasmus+ Programme, thus all the activities, accommodation and food are 100% covered by the EU grant. The travel costs will be reimbursed to the participants after the course in the amount limit presented below:
- Bulgaria – 180 Euros/person
- Cyprus – 275 Euros/person
- Lithuania – 275 Euros/person
- Ireland – 360 Euros/person
Giurgea Alexandru (Romania) – project coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org , +40 753348526
Bogdan Romanică, facilitator email@example.com, +40 745585415