“The Fire of Life” – youth exchange
from 15th to 21st of July 2018
in Romania (Măguri Răcătău), near Cluj-Napoca
with young people from Romania, Bulgaria and Cyprus
The Fire of Life is an international youth exchange that aims to increase the capacity of 26 young people to realize their potential in order to become active citizens and strong professionals.
The project has the following objectives:
- To expand the levels of awareness and understanding of their own values, passions and talents for 26 young people.
- To increase the levels of employability skills (life skills) for 26 young people.
- To develop the employability attitudes, resilience and grit, of 26 young people.
- To develop the personal, professional and social sense of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit among 26 young people.
The project will bring together 33 persons:
- From Romania: 10 youth and 3 leaders
- From Bulgaria: 8 youth and 2 leaders
- From Cyprus: 8 youth and 2 leaders
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
- Only young people from Romania, Bulgaria and Cyprus can participate in this youth exchange.
- Each participant should be between 18 and 25 years old (with exceptions they can be up to 30 years old).
- Speaking English is not a condition for participation but it would be helpful to have at least a basic level of communication in English.
- Each person who wants to participate in this project has to fill in an application.
Criteria for selection:
- Personal motivation to participate (the persons should be very motivated to participate).
- The international experience until now (the youth who have less international experience will have priority in the selection).
Dates: 15-21 July 2018
- 15th of July, in the morning – arrival day
- from 16th until 20th July – activities (5 full days)
- 21stof July, in the evening – departure day
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE
If you want to participate in this youth exchange you have to fill in the application form available at this link:
The deadline for applications submission is 10th of June 2018 (included).
THE LEARNING AND PREPARATION PROCESS
We want to create a learning process which will lead to a bigger impact in the development of the participants. Thus we created a three phase process which is described below:
- PREPARATION PHASE
In the preparation phase the participants will attend several meetings with the leaders, in order to get task related instructions, inter-cultural and linguistic preparation.
- THE YOUTH EXCHANGE
During the mobility the participants will get involved in non-formal activities and interactive methods such as: team-building games, group games, nature observations, hikes, research, reflection groups, energizers, peer to peer work, workshops, debates, presentations, brainstorming, self-discovery workshops (passions, talents, multiple intelligence), practice activities etc.
- FOLLOW-UP PHASE
In the follow-up phase the participants will work in the national groups and make community events and will develop their personal projects and ideas initiated during the youth exchange.
This youth exchange is organized within the context of Non-Formal Education (NFE) and experiential learning. This means that we have an active, participatory, non-academic approach. What you give is what you get!
We expect that participants share their knowledge and their own expertise and actively contribute in the program, exchange experiences, build together experiences and share feelings and opinions. Important part of the program is the connection with nature and experiencing outdoors.
“The Fire of Life” is a project financed by the Erasmus+ Programme, thus all the activities, accommodation and food are 100% covered by the EU grant.
Location: La Ionel guest house, in the village Măguri Răcătău (40 km from Cluj-Napoca).